IV. Provision of website and generation of log files
1. Description and scope of data processing
Every time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the accessing computer system.
The following information is stored in the web server’s log files:
- the client's IP address
- the user’s ID, if the request requires the user to register
- the date and time of the request
- the client’s specific request, including the HTTP method, HTTP protocol version, and the path of the resource requested
- the status code sent back to the client by the server
- the size of the resources requested
- the URL of the website from which the user accessed the current web page or file
- the client program identifier
This data is also stored in our system’s log files. However, it is not stored together with other personal data collected from the user.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of this data is Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f GDPR.
2. Purpose of data processing
This data is used to optimize website use, correct errors, and safeguard the security of our information technology systems. Data collected in this context is not evaluated for marketing purposes.
The above-named purposes also constitute the ICDP’s legitimate interest in processing the data pursuant to Art. 6 no. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. Storage period
The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Log files are deleted within 7 days maximum.
4. Right to object and right to erasure
The collection of data for website provision and the storage of data in log files are absolutely essential to the operation of the website. The user is therefore unable to assert any right to object in this context.