VIII. Rights of the data subject
Whenever personal data is processed, the data subject defined in GDPR has the following rights vis-à-vis the data controller:
1. Right to information
Data subjects (users) can request the GFZ’s controller on behalf of ICDP to confirm whether or not the ICDP is processing their personal data.
If this is the case, data subjects are entitled to request the following information from the GFZ’s controller on behalf of ICDP:
- the purposes for which the personal data is being processed;
- the recipient or category of recipient to whom your personal data has been or is to be disclosed;
- the period for which your personal data will be stored, or, if no specific information can be provided, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of a right to request the controller to rectify or erase your personal data, to restrict the controller’s processing of your personal data, or to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source.